we recommend you wash and condition the hair before installing. This is to ensure the hair is in the best possible condition before you wear and style it.
Virgin Hair should be treated as normal hair and washed regularly to maintain its natural shape. Shampoo, condition and moisturize your hair once a week. Make sure to brush out all tangles before you wash your hair or go to sleep at night. Always use a low PH high moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
Some shampoos can be too harsh for your hair extensions; we recommend that you pre- condition your extensions before washing by applying conditioner to hair without rinsing it out. Then wash hair normally and follow with conditioner.
At installation, it is highly recommended that the wefts are not split or cut in order to keep shedding to an absolute minimum. If for styling purposes you feel the need to split or cut the wefts on your hair, we recommend the usage of a fabric sealer to seal your wefts. In order to limit shedding further, when installing the hair, care should be taken to avoid sewing through the wefts. Instead, the aim should be to sew around the weft.
• Use a soft bristle brush starting from the bottom, gently work your way up. Do not tug or pull on the hair.
• At night, tie your hair up gently or wrap it to prevent tangling.
• If you have braid extensions, run your fingers through the braids to help prevent tangling.
Wig Care Instructions
The frequency of washing your wig depends on factors such as air quality and humidity. Generally, a wig should be washed after it has been worn 8 – 12 times, but this can vary.
Before washing, gently brush the wig thoroughly with a wig brush. For wigs with a tight curl, do not brush, use fingers and gently remove tangles.
Use a mild shampoo. In a sink or basin, add a small amount of shampoo to cold water. Turn wig inside out and immerse. Gently swirl and let soak for approximately 5 minutes.
Rinse the wig gently in cold water until all of the shampoo is removed. Rinse twice.
Gently apply conditioner through the wig and leave on for 2 minutes to allow it to penetrate the hair.
Rinse the wig gently in cold water until all of the conditioner is removed.
Wrap the wig in a towel and gently pat out excess water.
Optional: Apply conditioning spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10 – 12 inches from the wig.
Place clean wig on a wig stand and allow to air dry before brushing or combing. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.
Recommended Hair Products:
Get the full benefits of your Virgin hair by using high quality products. Taking care of your hair is an important part of maintaining longevity and shine. Below are some recommended products that keep hair soft and manageable.
• Mizani Moisturfusion Milk Bath
• Garnier Fructis Hair Care
• Pureology Hair Care,
• Herbal Essence: Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner (all hair types).
• Pantene: Classic Clarifying Shampoo (all hair types)
• John Frieda: FrizzEase Spiral Style Curl Defining Spray Gel (for deep wavy and curly hair types).
• John Frieda: FrizzEase Hair Serum Original Formula (all hair types).
• Tresemme: Heat Defence Styling Spray (all hair types)
• Tresemme LUXURIOUS MOISTURE SHAMPOO and LUXURIOUS MOISTURE CONDITIONER
• L’Oreal: Studio silk & Gloss Curl Power Mousse (for wavy and curly hair).
• L’Oreal : Elvive Re-Nutrition Product Range (for dry hair: straight, wavy curly)
• Moroccan Argan Oil: Any Brand (all hair types)